The mission of the Morehead Writing Project (MWP) is to improve student writing achievement by improving the teaching of writing in Eastern Kentucky schools.
Founded in 1986, MWP is a federally- and state-funded professional development program whose goal is to help Eastern Kentucky educators become better writers and writing teachers. We are affiliated with the National Writing Project, the Kentucky Writing Project, the Kentucky Department of Education, and Morehead State University.
During the Morehead Writing Project summer writing camps writers will have the opportunity to participate in:
- Writing workshop
- Writing group
Camp activities will also include:
- Skills lessons
- Peer and adult support to develop finished writing
- Using computers to draft, revise and create
- Using technology to create and publish writing
- Camps will be led by certified teachers with advanced National Writing Project training and include support from Morehead State University Education students.
2018 Summer Writing Camps:
- Fayette County led by Mallory Fouts - June 18-22
- Lewis County led by Alisha Gray - June 11-15
Mason County led by Jennifer May - May 21-25(held)
- Morgan County led by Kim Sparkman - June 4-8
- Rowan County led by Dallas Cox - July 9-13
Registration fees include:
- Global Graffiti t-shirt
- Flash drive
- Global Graffiti journal
- Global publication
Of course, this means that we sometimes lose track of our Teacher Leaders as they change positions and districts. While this can mean a lovely surprise when we meet old friends in unexpected places, it can also lead to lost connections and we hate for that to happen.
So please let us know when you relocate -- even if the news may seem too old to you it might not be to us!