The mission of the Morehead Writing Project (MWP) is to improve student writing achievement by improving the teaching of writing in Eastern Kentucky schools.
Founded in 1986, MWP is a federally- and state-funded professional development program whose goal is to help Eastern Kentucky educators become better writers and writing teachers. We are affiliated with the National Writing Project, the Kentucky Writing Project, the Kentucky Department of Education, and Morehead State University.
- Our Fall 2017 Weekend Writing Retreat will be from 9 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26, at Carter Caves State Resort Park.
- Registration for the day will cost $50 and does NOT include lunch although we hope you will join us for lunch at the lodge. Six hours of professional development credit is included.
- Our 2017 Writing Eastern Kentucky Conference will be from 9 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 4, in Breckinridge Hall on the campus of Morehead State University.
- Registration for the day will cost $50 and does not include lunch. Six hours of professional development credit is included. Registration at the door is $60.
- Learn more about the conference here
Of course, this means that we sometimes lose track of our Teacher Leaders as they change positions and districts. While this can mean a lovely surprise when we meet old friends in unexpected places, it can also lead to lost connections and we hate for that to happen.
So please let us know when you relocate -- even if the news may seem too old to you it might not be to us!