The Morehead Writing Project is offering the opportunity for school districts in our region to sponsor a limited number of K-12 teachers for Professional Development Fellowships with our Summer Writing Camps.
The $70 Fellowships will offer teachers:
- 30 hours of individual, interactive professional development
- Supported experience running writing conferences with student writers
- Experience with the writing workshop model
- Opportunity to develop writing prompts, mini lessons, and activiities with a coach
- Experience using technology to support writing instruction and student publication
- Models for developing and supporting student engagement and classroom community as well as fostering parent relationships
- National Writing Project mentor(s)
Fellowship opportunities will be available at a variety of times and locations during Summer 2018. However, early registration will ensure first choice of the available spots. See Summer Writing Camps page on the MWP web site for more information about camp dates and locations.